Friday, August 10, 2012

Beach Rock Cave

Pin It



We have this jar full of rocks we have collected from the beach here around Lake Michigan.

My kids came up with this project totally on their own, after helping me to build
rock tables for our miniature greenhouse.

They decide to make a cave.

 
I was pretty impressed, because I hardly had to help them at all.
They figured out how to balance the rocks, and everything. (they are 4 & 6yrs old)

They made a pathway,and that thing on the far left is a mailbox.
And they even included a slide on the right side there.
The people they chose, a space ranger and some green lizard-y thing, make it all look very Star Trek to me, which is funny, but it reminds me that they
have lots of great ideas of their own, I just have to let them try them out.

Sarah and I both have kids, "in the city" but feel there are so many opportunities to bring nature into their
everyday play. It doesn't have to be complicated, just give them the materials and see what they can come up with.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment